This list was made about 9 years ago, I believe.
1. Favorite candy: liquorice
2. Favorite animal: horse
3. Which animal would I like to be reincarnated as: cat
4. Favorite ice cream: too many!
5. Last 2 movies seen: Le Divorce & Thirteen
6. Last book I read: too many – I read about 10 at a time
7. Favorite color: Caribbean blue
8. Favorite time of day: early morning
9. Phobias: snakes & heights
10. Favorite comedian: too many!
11. Favorite syndicated radio show: Bob & Tom
12. Stick or automatic?: stick, baby!
13. Obsession #287: I still have Mark Philippoussis’ photo ID from Key Biscayne! Yes, I can get into the men’s locker room with it. No, I won’t share any details!
14. Obsession #666: I wonder about Gary Condit-American Media-National Enquirer-Anthrax-GW Bush-Bohemian Grove-Chandra Levy. Are there 6 degrees (or less!!!) of separation there???
15. Confession #3,456: I lived in Palm Beach County during the last presidential election.
16. I have always chewed pencils and pens.
17. Age: old enough to know better times 2.
18. Children: one.
19. Former hippie: yes!
20. Inhaled?: yes!
21. I speak 5 languages badly.
22. Married once (in a galaxy far, far away).
23. I was once in lust with a man who was nicknamed “dirt”. Actually I was younger-than-“dirt” by a few months. When he was around me, I felt nauseous and tongue-tied.
24. “Dirt” was married at the time.
25. I never did anything with “dirt” except fantasize.
26. One year I logged 100 scuba dives.
27. Pets: earthworms, horsehoe crabs, cats, dogs, parakeets, parrots, and horses.
28. Countries I have visited: Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Costa Rica, British Virgin Islands, Bonaire, the Bahamas, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, England, Wales, and Italy.
29. There is only one true search engine on this planet and it’s name is google.
30. My nephews call me Auntie Google.
31. I use Google to dazzle my boss.
32. I have worked for two failed Internet companies.
33. I dislike wearing rings.
34. President(s) I have dreamed about: Clinton
35. Hurricane Andrew rearranged my priorities – I know that material things will not make me happy & they can all be gone in the blink of an eye.
36. I spend way too much money on books.
37. When am I ever going to finish this list? This is WAY harder than I thought!
38. It really bugs me when people whistle at work all day.
39. Pet peeve: uncomfortable shoes.
40. I was born in NJ.
41. I have never seen a shark while diving, only a nurse shark, which is more like an super-sized catfish.
42. If I had a dollar for every diet I’ve been on ….
43. I am addicted to true life murder mysteries, especially Ann Rule & Lifetime movies.
44. I like to watch dancing squirrels.
45. And singing kittens.
46. Is that so wrong?
47. The older woman/younger man thing: yes, a younger (under 30) co-worker hit on me and I confess, I did enjoy it and was flattered. Of course, I’ve always been a sucker for guys with French accents who are smart, good-looking, geeky, and artistic!
49. Many times my life seems like a Seinfeld episode. Elaine and Jerry go to Florida to visit Jerry’s parents at the condo with the sofa-bed from hell. Been there!!! My mom owned that same sofa bed with the evil metal bar that stabs you in the back and the mattrass that was almost as thick as a piece of Wonder Bread!
50. Like Elaine in Seinfeld, I have used too many exclamation marks!!!
51. OMG, my name IS Elaine!!!!
52. I can’t believe I passed the half-way mark – let’s see, I started this list on September 3rd …. *counting on fingers & toes*
53. Scorpio or Libra, Libra or Scorpio … can’t decide … I was born on the cusp.
54. Worst habit: not finishing what I start.
55. Second worst habit: my brain is going in too many directions at once.
56. There will be no smoking, spitting, or tobacco chewing in my journal-space! Please step outside while servicing your addiction.
57. Feel free to eat snacks, pour yourself a drink, kick off your shoes, listen to some music, giggle, snort, guffaw, make smart-ass remarks, or tell stories out of school.
58. I don’t like beans, peas, cauliflower or brussel sprouts.
59. I love, love, love potatoes in all their many incarnations! Esp. scalloped, home fries, mashed, twice-baked.
60. I rarely drink soda – water, ice tea, watered down juice, that’s more my style.
61. If you read all 100 of these, you deserve a prize! *searching around in my drawer for that keychain from the builder’s show*
62. And remember this, you Internet hooligans, I’m old enuff to be your mother. If you’re really clever, the clue is that I voted for Eldridge Cleaver in my first presidential election.
63. Another clue: Richard Nixon, George Wallace & Hubert Humphrey also ran.
64. Great choices, huh????
65. Enough politics! Back to Seinfeld, remember Elaine & the “Big Salad”? I like Big Salads too! Holy scheiss!
66. When Grease came out, people told me I looked like Stockard Channing (my hair was dark brown then).
67. Sequel to Grease is coming out called Trans Fat, starring Marlon Brando as Danny Zuko and Tyne Daly as Rizzo and Terry Garr as Sandy.
68. That wasn’t nice, now, was it?
69. In college, I minored in philosophy, quite by accident.
70. No, I don’t speak Elvish.
71. No, I don’t play computer games of any kind – I have an addictive personality and I would never stop. The last one I played was pacman.
72. No, I will not send you naked pictures. Why would you even ask? Are you nuts???
73. Remember in Seinfeld, Elaine is having a great time on a date and the guy takes it out? The same thing happened to me!!! OMG!!! Except I was driving about 70 mph on I-95 in Miami and I couldn’t wait to get rid of him. Can you imagine if I had an accident & then had to explain why? “Well, officer, he took it out.”
74. My horses were named Sundance and Starbuck.
75. They lived in a chicken coop.
76. The other chicken coop had real chickens in it.
77. I do not like the smell of chicken manure. My best friend’s father was a chicken farmer and I didn’t like going over to her house for dinner or pajama parties.
78. If you’re thinking about getting a pony or a horse for your kid, don’t do it, unless you have money to burn!
79. Whenever I get the urge to ride, I go on a trail ride or check into a dude ranch for a while.
80. If you ride a lot, you need a hot tub or jacuzzi, trust me on this one!
81. I find watching squirrels very relaxing and amusing.
82. I often have nightmares about alligators.
83. I am myopic.
84. Chocolate: dark!
85. Like Elaine in Seinfeld, I liked the sponge, although it lacked that quality you often look for in contraception called reliability!
86. Unlike Elaine, I wasted many a sponge on men who were not spongeworthy.
87. I can be superficial, shallow and immature.
88. I am a huge fan of guilty pleasures.
89. My associates are horrified to learn that I like to read the National Enquirer and I believe the stories I read. Most of the time.
90. I am not politically correct.
91. True confession #2287: I cut my pasta with a knife.
92. I cut my food with my left hand and use the fork in my right hand. I never switch the knife and fork. Ask me if I give a crap. It works for me!
93. I idolize Tracy Ullman – she is a genius.
94. I’m not a big fan of organized religion, although I think there is more going on than humans can perceive or comprehend. So I guess you can call me spiritual.
95. Don’t like the smell of smoke at all!
96. I was the muffin.
97. At one time, my bf was the muffin man.
98. Draw your own conclusions.
99. I can procrastinate better than you can.
100. I am very judgemental and I hate it when other people are judgemental.
101. Yes, it is true I took Latin in high school in ninth grade in Port Jervis High School. There was a reason for that, Latin students had a cool club and dressed in togas from time to time.
102. I was a member of the East Side Black Cobras for one week at Harpur College.
103. My middle name is “Gay”.
104. Spelling checkers are evil.
105. I couldn’t live without Google – but I also like Froogle. It’s a good way to search for those needful things you crave.
106. Speaking of needful things, I like to read Stephen King only on airplanes and remind myself that there are scarier things than crashing.
107. Yes, I was an English major.
108. I have lusted after Steve Martin.
109. Many times when I’m having a serious conversation with someone, I am thinking about “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
110. I wanted to be a nun when I was younger. When I was older and the hormones kicked in, it didn’t sound like such a good idea.
111. I used to pretend my bike was a horse.
112. I used to pretend that I was a horse.
113. I used to pretend my dog was a horse.
114. I like kettle korn way too much. Embarrassing moment # 20135: Buying a huge bag of kettle korn at the farmers market & forgetting that my Weight Watchers name tag was in plain view.
115. I wore real metal braces with rubber bands from 13- 17 years old. I never got detention for shooting the other kids in the back of the head with the slimy rubber bands.
116. I played the French horn in the school band.
117. I was born in New Jersey.
118. My father’s side of the family is English & Scottish & my mother’s side is Welsh (from Narbeth) with a dash of Irish (must have been a quickie before the last ferry). I do not bear the faintest resemblance to Catherine Zeta-Jones.
119. I used to fantasize I was an only child with exceedingly indulgent and very cool parents.